Search This Blog

Friday, November 02, 2007

An Official Brownie Girl Scout


Last night we watched Leanna's Investiture Ceremony into Brownies. She's official now! It was really cute because her troop is only 3 girls-and the one girl is mildly autistic so she was too shy to do anything but sit at the table, she wouldn't talk at all. One of the leaders read the brownie story and Leanna and the other girl acted it out as she read. Except that in front of people she doesn' t know, Leanna is very shy. So she would only act it out when the other girl started, looking at her before making a move. They were very cute. The ceremony ends with each girl looking down in a mirror (representing water) and the leader says, "I looked in the water and saw_______" and the girl says, "myself." The girl is supposed to repeat the promise but with Leanna, the leader looked down at her and asked if she was going to repeat the words. She glanced at Leanna and said, "Ok, I'm getting the look. She's not going to talk!" I know exactly what look she means, even though I couldn't see Leanna's face at that point!

She got her two pins, one representing Girl Scouts worldwide, the other her Brownie Pin. The Brownie pin stays upside-down until she does a good deed. She also got two Try It patches, one was for the stuff she did at the field trip, I forget what the other one was from.

I think Leanna will be marching in a Veteran's Day parade next week. They also said they'll have a skating party and a dorney park day. I'm excited for her! It sounds like lots of fun.

No comments: