Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

School craft night




We went to the family fall craft night at school last night. I was there with all four kids. I was very nervous about that. It's very hard to chase after one of the boys with the baby in my arms or sling. Fortunately Timothy fell asleep, he sat in the umbrella stroller so he slept there until after we left. Jacob slept in the sling. That left only Leanna and Justin for me to manage. They both went into instant shy mode when we walked in the tiny cafeteria-it was crowded and hot. Shy mode has its benefits-they both stayed still and quiet for almost the entire event. At the end we did have an incident with Justin throwing Q-tips under the table, but that was pretty much the only problem. Leanna and Justin each made a fall tree (though Leanna's tree looks more like a cactus and Justin's doesn't so much resemble a tree at all!). Leanna and I made the Pumpkin together, it has a handle on top to hang it with that you can't see in the picture. And they each made a skeleton picture. I told Justin to cut out the skeleton's head and he did-in three little pieces! He had way too much fun with the glue. I had to pry it out of his hands!
Afterward Leanna and Justin played on the playground for a little bit afterwards. It was actually a pretty nice event, I'm glad I braved going it alone.

1 comment:

ADP said...

Those skeletons they made were too cute!