Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2007

Fighting colds

Generally I love that information is so available today through the Internet. Sometimes it's scary. We've all been fighting a minor cold here for a while(the kind that doesn't seem to go away, it's nothing major, and doesn't really bother us much but it's there!) and yesterday Jacob's turned into a cough as well. I don't like that in an infant. So stories like this only make me worry: killer cold virus

The internet can be a good source of info as well. I've been fighting off what I'm pretty sure was tonsillitis and it seems to finally be going away. (They no longer take tonsils out just because they get infected. If it becomes a repeated thing or it's cancerous, then they remove them) (Also there are two ways to become infected-if its bacterial, then antibiotics will help. But if it's viral then antibiotics can actually make it worse.) I can't afford to go to a doctor, so in this case it was nice to be able to look up symptoms and get an idea of what I'm dealing with. I know it's easy to misdiagnose, and in my case, made me feel better to know that even if I went to the doctor they wouldn't necessarily be able to make it better anyway.

No comments: