Search This Blog

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Soy

I'm posting this here for me to checkout later when I have time. For the two of you who might be interested also. : )

"I like what John Robbins wrote about soy on his website here and here. But I think the site I would most recommend is Bryanna's Soy Concerns FAQ -- it's very comprehensive and well-researched. Thank you, Bryanna!If you're worried about soy there are plenty of other things you can eat, even on a vegan diet. Some people decide to limit their soy consumption to traditional soy foods, like tofu, tempeh, soymilk, and miso. A lot of Jo Stepaniak's books contain soy-free recipes, including the Food Allergy Survival Guide, which is perfect for those out there with soy (or other) allergies."

1 comment:

ADP said...

You're right Steph, it would take too long to read all of the entire articles, I tried to read the one about soy and ended up reading about bananas....so much info.

But I have read too many bad things about soy and have read we should only use tempah (spelling I know) and miso--those are the only "safe" fermented soy products. I do know that soy is put into everything these days with all the processed food. It's cheap and a filler. So the average american is getting plenty of soy without even trying to eat soy....another reason to stay away from it. Also, even with the fermented products--you have to watch that they are not pasturized which will kill the reason you want to eat it in the first place.

BTW.......it does make interesting reading checking out the different links......guess what? Our corporations are taking over the world with the "free trade" agreements. It's so sad and scary to think what the world will be like for our grandchildren and their children. Sigh...we have lost so much..................