Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Housecleaning and kids

I'm quoting one of the commenters on the Lactivist blog. The post they are commenting on is ab0ut her realizing that it's ok to ask for help and that women can't do it all alone. I'm posting this because it sounds just like my house. I tell people that I clean, really I do......but the majority of them think I'm just making excuses. Everyone always says, oh it's ok, we don't mind the mess.......(but who's really going to say to your face, Wow! This place is a mess! You need help!) It's one of those things where unless you see how it is, you really don't understand.

"Like my sister just came to stay with me for a few weeks. She kept talking about the messes in my house and I told her that I don't worry with certain things because I know the kids will run right behind me and mess it all back up or I'll wind up spending 4 hours trying to do it because they will whine the whole time.She laughed and I said...'ok, I'll show you.' So I sat on my butt all day and watched tv/played online while she tended the house and kids. After that she said 'omg, the kids were doing this and this and this' and I said 'I told you that's what happens'To my dismay though, she still went home and ran her mouth to my parents. Rather than telling them what a tough job it is to chase 4 kids around and try to keep house she told them that I just sit on my butt all day and let the kids do what they want and let the house stay a mess.(Mind you it was only that one day I sat around to prove a point.)"

1 comment:

Jamie said...

cleaning is the biggest necessary evil i know. esp. when you have another adult who doesnt help keep things clean either! much less the kid! :-)