Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Feeling Relieved!

This is the baby's face(the hollow parts are eyes and mouth). It looks like this baby has chubby cheeks!

The ultrasound guess was that he's about 6 lbs now but you can't take that as gospel. I've heard many many stories of babies who were supposed to be a certain size based on the ultrasound and it was way off! It happened to me with Justin-they thought he was measuring two weeks ahead of his due date and was going to be big! At 7 lbs, 4 oz he was not a big baby!


I saw the midwife this morning, and she felt my belly all over trying to determine the baby's position, and cracked Leanna up by saying, "I'm not sure if that's a head or a bony butt." (Leanna had a Bevis and Butthead moment-she laughed and said, "She said Bony Butt!") We did the heartbeat, and again, she had to keep moving the doppler to hear the heartbeat(this child just has places to go!!) and then she even did an internal exam and was somewhat certain that it was a head that she was feeling down there. But not positive enough, so I had an ultrasound this afternoon. I'm breathing easier now because the ultrasound shows that he is head down, but he does tend to lay a little to the left. Quite a relief for me! Now this is a VERY active child, so just keep your fingers crossed for me that he now STAYS head down!!!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

fingers crossed! and congrats on the baby turning!

p.s. i am totally not seeing that face! LOL