Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

Just a few more pictures that I like

I just wanted to show how pretty the table looked with the flowers and pictures and memory jar.
I tried not to put up any bad pictures of people, so there were a lot of people not shown here. Everyone kept making strange faces when my camera was pointed their direction.
















It was really nice to see family that we don't see often. All seven of Mimi's kids were there. Her sister and sister-in-law were there. All of her grandchildren except two were there (that makes 14 of us present). Her three grandson-in-laws were there, and one granddaughter-in-law. All seven great grandchildren were there too. Like any big family, there's a lot of dysfunction and a lot of love! I still love it when the whole family gets together.

My Aunt Cindy had put together a scrapbook of pages of people's memories of Mimi as a big present. It was really sweet-there were so many nice thoughts people had of her. They had a memory jar there to add any little memories. Maree even added a few to it. Laura and I were the only ones to make our own pages for the scrapbook. It was a big pain in the butt for me to do (just because I don't have time alone to work on it) but I'm glad I did. I did one on me & Mimi, one on Tom and Mimi (he and my Uncle Bob were the only husbands to get their own pages! Aunt Cindy thought it was appropriate), and one on the kids.

No comments: