Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2007

The kids playing









Justin and Christian running through the hall,



Leanna and Mckenzie giggling on a chair,



and all the little ones running back and forth in front of the house while Mimi opened presents and cards.

I thought it was really great to have the house full of people and noise. I told Mimi, this is how this house was meant to be! And she nodded and said, "yes, this is how it was when you kids were kids!" And it was. Twenty years ago that was me and my cousins, running through the house, playing hide and seek, playing "music" on the piano, making all kinds of noise and enjoying each other's company. Her house felt like a castle, complete with a secret passageway-a great place for a kid's imagination. It was just awesome, and I'm glad my kids got a little taste of what that was like. My grandmother's house was a big part of my childhood and it's neat to see it full of life again.



No comments: