Search This Blog

Friday, June 01, 2007

Mr. Rogers

I don't know if it's because I'm pregnant or what, but this article on Mr. Rogers makes me cry. He was just a genuinely nice person. (this isn't the phony email that goes around saying he was a sniper in the army and such).
I particularly liked that :
He saved public television and the vcr: youtube*com/watch?v=a41lJIhW7fA

And that whenever he was asked to castigate non-Christians or gays for their differing beliefs, he would instead face them and say, with sincerity, “God loves you just the way you are.”

2 comments:

ADP said...

Did ya catch the part that said he was vegetarian??? huh? huh? lol. That post brought back memories Steph and made me go downstairs looking for the Mr. Rogers album we used to have. I couldn't find it though.

sajmom said...

I probably have the Mr. Rogers album because it was mine. Back when you were shoving my possessions at me as fast as you could find them!! (Here, you're out of the house now-take all your childhood stuff!)