Search This Blog

Friday, February 23, 2007

Food


I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high, but in the past week or so Timothy has eaten celery (plain), pineapple, blueberries, and a huge (for his size) bowl of strawberries! I am so hoping to establish better eating habbits with him than Justin!

I was very picky with what I let Leanna have, but people always made me feel funny about it. But I do believe that nutrition, especially as the brain is growing and developing so fast, is very important. People acted as though I was depriving her and being rediculous. So I was more lenient with Justin and I deeply deeply regret it. It makes it that much harder to get him to eat the good stuff.
And interestingly enough, I noticed this year at Halloween that dispite the notion that a child who has been withheld from sweets will go crazy when given a chance, it was JUSTIN, not Leanna, who tried to eat as much candy as he possibly could. So the fact that Timothy is starting to eat stuff that's good for him is really exciting for me!!

3 comments:

ADP said...

Steph--the first rule of motherhood is NEVER let what other ppl say determine how you raise your children. They are YOUR children. Your triumphs, mistakes, etc. It's a very humbling and one of the most rewarding experiences that you can have in life.

Sue said...

Steph, I also agree with your mom on this too. We as parents aren't perfect and if you find a parent that is let me know, OK. We all have learned from our mistakes on raising children. There is no right or wrong way with parenting children. People can give you advice and you have the choice to accept or reject their advice.

Some kids are more picky eaters than others. Some eat more junk or healthier foods than others also. Everyone has different tastes. As long as the child eats that's all that matters to me.

Jamie said...

i have to say that it is very easy to listen to the negative comments around you and assume you are doing something wrong, esp. if you don't have a lot of experience. its not about doing what other people tell you but being persuaded by other people's opinions.