Search This Blog

Friday, February 02, 2007

Food discoveries

I found out a few things this week. Timothy likes strawberries and he ate a couple slices of cucumber! He also ate some sliced carrots, from a baby food jar, but still! He hasn't eaten vegetables for a while, so this is exciting for me. Leanna and Justin ate Kraft mac N cheese even though they stopped eating easy mac (the microwave kind) a long time ago. And last night I made Leanna a big bowl of rice and chicken and she ate the whole thing! The last time I made that for her she ate all the chicken out of it and only ate the rice that stuck to the chicken. Not that rice is the most nutritional food ever, but it's better than some of the other stuff she eats and it can be mixed with more nutritional foods later! Plus it's more filling, and I need foods that fill her up. Right now she practically lives off peanut butter and jelly and it's driving me crazy. Every new food they eat is a victory for me, especially if it's something good for them. And frankly, it's just a good feeling when they willingly eat and enjoy something I've made for them.

No comments: