Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Lead levels

Lots of phone calls today! I found out that Justin's lead level is finally about where it should be! We had to recently re-test him because his last test came up an 11, and they want a child his age to be under 10 (He's now at 10).
Timothy, unfortunately is at 18. So in three months we have to re-test him to make sure the levels are going down. When the nurse told me I said, "That's high!" and she said, "yes, but at least it's not a 40 or more." I think Justin's levels were first tested at nine months I he was at a 19 and I remember the nurse being very concerned about it being that high. They sent a letter to the landlords about it and everything. Justin is at a different hospital/pediatrician than the other two though. Makes you wonder about what they must regularly see at Sacred Heart if a lead level that warrants concern at one hospital is nothing to them.

No comments: