Search This Blog

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Cravings & food

Usually I'm big on snacking. I don't often eat a really big meal, I prefer smaller more frequent eating. With this pregnancy though I have to keep my belly full or I get sick. As in I feel really really nauseous. Just saying I feel nauseous doesn't really describe it though. That makes it sound like mild discomfort. This is to the point where I can't concentrate to do anything. What's strange is that I don't get hungry for things like chocolate or little snack things like I normally enjoy. When I'm hungry I want FOOD! I crave steak sandwhiches and cheeseburgers and hogies, things like that. I wonder if it actually makes me lose weight (or at least in my case not gain extra) because I'm not snacking on the junk like chocolate. All the nibbling might add up to more than the bigger more filling foods. It ought to be interesting to see how it works out. Though you have to keep in mind that no matter what I'm likely to be bigger after this baby and have more trouble losing the weight just because it is my 4th baby.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

i always craved fruit and carbs (big bowls of rice or pasta esp.) with jonathan. i also had to always keep my stomach full to fend of nausea. i took b12 or 6 i can't remember, have you ever tried that? i only ate chocolate, particularly tubs of icing and whole sheet cakes during the last two weeks! i wonder if i hadn't done that if he wouldn't have been so Big!!!

Michele said...

Not to make light of your particular situation, I had a good friend years ago who vomited daily the first EIGHT months of her pregnancy. She got to the point where she ate what she knew didn't taste sooo horrible coming back up!

As for me, with both pregnancies, I was nauseous the first trimester and was then fine the remainder of the pregnancies.

sajmom said...

Oh no! That wasn't what I meant! I didn't mean that as a feeling sorry for myself, I have it so hard type of post! I just meant that when you say you feel nautious I think people generally think of it as something mild. Or they think, well, as long as you're not throwing up it's not that bad. Sometimes I'd rather throw up just to get relief from that feeling!
I guess I mean it as a sort of reason for why I am not further caught up on things in my house. I'm making excuses but it's not just an excuse. : )
It is very difficult to say do dishes when the smell of the dirty dishes makes you feel like you want to die. Or when you feel that if you move you will be even more sick!
When I worked at ShopRite the meat dept. manager told me that his wife threw up every single day of the pregnancy for both of their two children. Thank god I don't get that!!