Search This Blog

Monday, January 22, 2007

Close call

I think our guardian angels have been near and working hard lately. Our insurance was going to cancel Tom and I because our December payment (for January) was late. Unfortunately they don't give you any grace period at all. That sucks because the people who have that insurance are all low income and probably could use a few days' grace period every now and then. You'd think they'd make an exception at that time of year at least! I called the company to double check today and the first time I waited about 5 minutes, got a guy who asked me to wait, waited about 10 more minutes, and then he hung up on me! Nice! But I called back and this time got a woman who was nice enought to (all on her own) call their financial department and arrange for them to excuse the late payment and reinstate us both!! She said she could hear the stress in my voice and decided to help. I think that's the first nice thing I've EVER had happen from an insurance company!
(I will still be going on medical asst. but I still need the insurance until the application goes though!)

No comments: