Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Waiting for October


Before I forget, Timothy does not want to turn four next month. He wants to be five! He wants to be five! He wants to be five!
Poor kid, he always wants to be big, to be like his older brother. I'm excited for Timothy's birthday this year, here and there I've picked up some pirate decorations. There's lots of pirate stuff on sale, thanks to the waning popularity of Pirates of the carribean movies. So I'm going with that as a theme. (I do sometimes call him dread pirate Roberts, an homage to the Princess Bride) I need to find ways to differentiate his birthday from his siblings. Leanna, Justin, and Tom's birthday party/usually father's day party too ends up being a bigger deal because it's for all three of them and it's the first party in our family. Afterwards we have the fourth of July and then Jacob/Nanny Sue and then my Mom and Laura. People get partied out. In a few years I'll have to worry about the same with Jacob, but for now he doesn't care. I really want to make it a special birthday for Timothy because he's had a lot of trouble this year dealing with Leanna and Justin's birthdays. Starting when their birthdays were upcoming he's been asking when his birthday is. He feels like he's watching EVERYONE ELSE have a birthday but not him! Add the insult that Leanna and Justin are starting school now, and that's one more thing that he's left out of! (Although in homeschooling families I think "schooling" often starts before actual school age, and he will be learning some stuff just from being around while his older siblings learn. I plan to include him as he shows interest. I'll do kindergarten stuff with both boys, but I'll focus more on Justin.) So everyone make a big deal out of Timothy in about a month!

No comments: