Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs

This classic children's book is finally coming to theators! It should be interesting to see what they do with it, this is one I'd love to take the kids to see at the movies-they've never been! Then (through a link on Jamie's blog) I found out that a main character in the movie has a peanut allergy, and has a reaction in the movie. At my Mom's work alone I saw three books about kids with food allergies. It seems to be suddenly becoming mainstream.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I saw the previews of this movie, when Cyndee took me to the movies on my birthday to see a 3D cartoon movie, Ice Age. That was really good.

This movie also looks good. The movies are so darn expensive to me. I don't think it is worth taking a large family, because you always have to worry if they are disturbing the other patrons, plus how can you see a movie without eating popcorn, not me. That is a hard one for me.

Cyndee wouldn't let her grandkids or me get popcorn and I thought it was really hard sitting there without munching. But that's me!

I think you should wait and get it on DVD, much cheaper in the long run.

sajmom said...

Movies are incredibly expensive-you'll get no disagreement from me on that one! I just meant since the kids have never ever been to a theator, it would be nice to give them that experience, and a kid's movie would be a more forgiving place as far as disturbing other patrons goes. Not to mention that they would be into the movie, the only one I'd likely have to worry about is Jacob, and depending on the timing, I might be able to get him to just sleep. Having it so big on the screen just might fascinate him enough to keep him quiet.
But given our financial situation, most likely it will wait until DVD or until it comes on TV. It's a wonderful book though, I highly recommend it.