Search This Blog

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Recent stuff

We got to try Champagne grapes, courtesy of my Mom. The boys really liked them!
A recent fort


My current reading, Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule. This one was one of my birthday presents.


I just finished Dave Barry's Book of Bad Songs. A very short, but very enjoyable read! (note to Claire: Laura borrowed the book, she wasn't willing to wait for you to read it first).



We went to Celtic Fest Saturday night. It was a disappointing trip though. Leanna and I were really looking forward to the Irish Step Dancers, but the males in our family couldn't make it long enough in the rain to wait for it. It wasn't raining when we left, but as soon as we got there, bingo! We had three umbrellas, but it's hard to travel with kids in a crowded place with umbrellas. They kept giving up on them. I just didn't use one, it's tough to carry an umbrella and push a stroller. And it actually wasn't crowded compared to how it usually is, the rain really thinned out the crowds. But Justin forgot his hooded sweatshirt in the car and Tom didn't bring one, so they were both freezing. By the end Timothy was pretty cold too. We all were, but I guess since they were less interested in the fest, they minded it more.

I didn't mind the rain so much, I enjoy the music and watching the brave souls dancing. But everyone else was too grouchy and wet to appreciate it, so we didn't get to look at any of the booths or see any of the shows. Ah well, maybe next year. Leanna got a laugh out of the idea of her Dad wearing a kilt-she saw lots of men wearing them and it occurred to her that maybe her Dad could wear one. That sent her into a fit of giggles! We saw a single train go over the train tracks, the kids really liked that. And Justin was fascinated with the bridge itself, just the idea of it. And they had fries that were not fried in peanut or soy oil! The kids enjoyed some hot chocolate, and either way, it was still some elusive family time for us.

1 comment:

Laura said...

HEY! you sold me out! That was supposed to be a secret!!!! I am sticking my tongue out at you