Search This Blog

Friday, September 18, 2009

Encouragement

This was in my email this morning, and right on time, I might add!

Any of you who may be new to homeschooling are right now probably teetering on the brink. . . “What was I thinking? I'm no teacher. Who am I kidding? Maybe my mother is right. Can I actually do this?” This is familiar past territory for all of the veterans who managed to hang in there and get beyond this frightening first month or two. Please, take a deep breath, let your mind remove from the present and focus on the big picture. Remember why you thought homeschooling was right for your family a few weeks ago, when you were absolutely certain. Was it an academic concern? A social concern? Just wanting to be with your wonderful little person all day, every day? These reasons and thousands of others are “valid” and account for why each of us came to step on the path into this wonderful adventure! I have never heard a homeschooled parent say that they wished they had not homeschooled. I have heard them say they wish they had done more math or more writing, but never that they would have not homeschooled. So, go forth, brave parent! Onward and upward into the Homeschooling Unknown! Thank you for reading
- The Leppert Family

No comments: