Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Sweetheart

The five year old's at it again! (He likes to refer to himself that way). Tonight we went on an "errand date," meaning I took him with me on an errand purposely to have alone time with him. He commented as we walked that people must have 100 babies! So I asked him what would happen if people stopped having babies. My point was going to be that we needed to keep having babies or there would be no more people as everyone dies. Justin came at it from a different angle though........he quickly replied, "Well it'd be real quiet and the adults would all have peace and quiet!"
His Daddy would agree with that answer!!!

The background on this next story is that about four of us have sniffles and/or soar throats for about a day or two now. Tom came home from work with a headache and feeling bad.
Before we left I told Justin to wash his face so we could leave. He asked me if we could bring his siblings "so that Daddy can have peace and quiet and feel better." So thoughtful of him! Justin is really a sweet sensitve boy. Tom gave him a well-deserved hug when I told him that one!

(I did not bring the siblings as this was supposed to be just Justin and me, and also Jacob was napping and Leanna and Timothy don't fight as much as other sibling combinations. Tom was ok with this.)

1 comment:

Jamie said...

ugh. maybe it was bounce U? i've been sick too =(