Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm with this person.......

With great interest, I was reading an article on mcall.com about the real costs of insuring the unisured. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to read the comments people left because generally there are a lot of really really nasty total morons who comment. But I was surprised to find that there were a number of decent comments like this this one. This person put it better than I did on my mom's blog:

What the blank
Philadelphia, PA
It is often just a stroke of luck that a person has a good job and good health care benefits. Often people who don't have those jobs are better workers, better educated, and more intelligent. A lot of jobs go to the people who know the right people and that probably says a lot about the state of our economy today. Some people can get on a gravy train and stay there all their lives because they khow how to smooze the boss and/or they are sneaky enough to get over on their coworkers. I've seen it a million times.Why should our health benefits even be tied to employment. It makes us slaves of the corporation and really prevents us from living up to our full potential. We're afraid of making a move because we might lose our health benefits.I think the government should handle health insurance. We don't all need the same amount of health care but we all need some, especially as we get older. The people in this blog who complain that people are asking for a handout are really don't understand fundamental decency. They must be of the "I've got mine, who cares about you crowd." They should be ashamed but they won't be because of their sociopathic upbringings. They really don't feel the pain and they sneer at anyone who does. There is something wrong with those people, really, really wrong.

No comments: