Search This Blog

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Genes



I know I mention it from time to time, but I always think it's really cool when you catch a flash of someone you know in someone else's face. You'll probably think I'm crazy, but in these two pictures I can see my father in law in Jacob's eyes and I see my sister Laura in Justin's. Stuff like that blows me away sometimes, it's just really neat to see. Sometimes you can see a relative in a body movement or an expression. Sometimes it's only for a second, occasionally much longer. Leanna recently reminded me of both my sister Claire and my cousin Karissa at the same time. I've always teased (but still been completely serious about) Claire about looking like my cousin Ronnie, but recently both Justin and Leanna have implied that I look like him also. I had no idea. Timothy lately reminds me less of his Uncle Billy and more and more of his Daddy, but also Nanny Sue. I just find it endlessly fascinating what qualities show up where in people. And not just relating to looks, but also character wise. Out of 7 kids and 16 grand kids Claire seems to be the only one to look like Mimi's father (Claire's Great-Grandfather). One little piece of DNA was triggered and he came through in only one person. It makes you wonder what traits of your own will live on in future generations.

1 comment:

Leanna said...

I see Laura in that one pic of Justine!