Search This Blog

Friday, October 05, 2007

Trouble times two

We're going through a very frustrating time lately. Justin, and Timothy to a smaller degree, has been horrible lately. Just getting into one thing after another and having a lot of trouble listening. One day they managed to flip the dishwasher-with the big heavy microwave Nanny Sue gave us on top! (They had opened the dishwasher to get a cup and then one of them stood on the open dishwasher door which tipped the whole thing over. Thank god no one was under when it fell!!) I've been telling Tom for a long time he needs to screw it to the wall. I had a feeling something like this would happen, even though he insisted it wouldn't be able to tip. He doesn't witness their diabolical minds the way I do!
Timothy continues to take off his diaper and occasionally pees on the floor afterwards.
Last night I had a conversation with Justin about how we didn't need to cut his hair again-it was just done a week ago by me- and he snuck a pair of scissors and he and Timothy hid behind their father's chair and Justin cut both their hair. I knew they were behind the chair but I thought they were just playing with the play-doh they snuck back there. I wouldn't have minded the play-doh. The hair however, is another story!
Tom finally put together one of the bikes Timothy got for last Christmas and all week the two of them have done nothing but fight over it. Well, nothing but fight and get in trouble!
Justin is fascinated by lightbulbs. He's been unscrewing them from an lamp he can gain access to and then puts them in other lamps, plugs and unplugs them. Over and over.
Timothy's taken to throwing lighbulbs lately. Shattering them.
Justin's also been throwing water at his siblings.
And Justin occasionally tries to microwave things. Food or not. One day he decided he wanted his cookie hot one day and burnt it to a crisp.

This is just what I can think of at the moment. And it's in addition to general not wanting to listen and some defiance thrown in. It's been since Leanna started school, so I don't know if it's a reaction to the change in routine or her getting more attention(I have to do homework with her everynight) or some unknown factor that will only reveal itself in hindsight when I can't fix it!! Sometimes I think I am losing my mind.

No comments: