Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

stuff

I'm behind on posting here-it's been busy lately. Here's what I can remember right now:

Leanna had her first Girl Scout field trip this past weekend. Her Brownie Troop is very tiny-3 girls. She was the only one who showed up on Saturday morning! So she got to visit Mountain House with her troop leader("Mommy! She's not a troop leader! She's Miss Jenn! That's her REAL name!") She had fun doing crafts there, not as much as she would have with the other girls from her troop I'm sure, but she seemed to enjoy it. And her leader stopped at Dunkin Donuts and got her an ice-cream after. She definitely enjoyed that! She's looking forward to a Halloween party/Juliette Low party this week.

We went to the library as a family this weekend, but I had to leave early with the kids. Justin and Timothy are just not able to stay quiet yet(or even still enough) and Leanna still has trouble keeping her voice quiet for too long. Tom was looking for a newspaper article on the parking authority and double parking. We're in the process of fighting a ticket. But that's a whole other post.

Leanna's doing well in school academically. But she continues to have problems with sloppiness-of handwritting and in taking care of property. She keeps losing crayons and erasers. The teacher stopped me yesterday afterschool to mention it to me.

Leanna also had her first phone call from a friend yesterday. She left two really cute messages on our answering machine. A 15 minute phone conversation basically consisted of her friend trying to give Leanna her phone number (although I explained to Leanna that I already had the number through our caller id). It was just adorable to listen to them. "Six, ten? That's your whole phone number?" LOL.

I'm getting really tired of the ancient crossing guard asking personal questions every single time I see her. I purposely go through the alley to avoid her when I remember to. She keeps asking me if I want more and what my husband does for a living that we have so many. Some days she says, in an accusing tone, you're not planning on having any more are you!? (She forgets and asks me the same questions over and over) Maybe I should have fun with her and tell her I don't have a husband and that they all have different fathers or something. Then again she might remember it and that would just start a whole new line of questioning!

No comments: