Search This Blog

Monday, October 29, 2007

Jacob, my joy


When nothing else is going right, it's such a joy to have Jacob around. He cheers me up with his little baby smiles and gurgles.
He's trying to talk now, with all kinds of coos and shrieks, he's testing his voice out. He really likes when you have a "conversation" with him. At this point that basically consists of repeating the noises he makes. I don't know if I've just gotten better at reading baby body language or if Jacob is just better at communicating his needs, but I can often tell for example, when he wants someone to hold him, or if he just wants to look at them and say hi. (if you wants to go to someone, he starts wriggling his whole body, moving his arms and legs as though he were swimming. It's as though he's trying to move over into their arms) Right now, he's yelling at me in baby talk because he wants me to pick him up. So I'll have to end this for now, lol. I just wanted to record the thought that he is a huge positve, a joy, even when other things aren't going so well.

No comments: