Search This Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Recent-boys edition







Timothy feeding one of his babies. Not that he needs the help, but I figure stuff like this helps develop his nuturing side.




Justin was fascinated with me ironing Leanna's costume. So when I was done I unplugged it and let it cool til it was just warm and let him iron a dishtowel. He had so much fun he carried the iron around looking for things to iron. Here he is shown ironing the floor for me. Cuter still is the fact that he is proud of "helping" Mommy by ironing the rug for her!


Jacob now gives giant smiles to both his brothers. He clearly recognizes and likes them. He's not really thrilled by them holding him though, but he likes them to play with him.

I always assumed men who were good with babies had learned it through not being afraid to take on more feminine ways of interacting with babies. I'm not saying that men aren't good with kids naturally, just that babies prefer higher pitched voices and a more feminine style in general(probably a survival thing) and men who are good with babies tend to talk to them in a higher voice, etc. So for a man it's more of a learned thing than natural. But after watching both boys with Jacob I'm starting to think that maybe males do have a natural instinct for interacting with babies. Maybe it's just socialized out of most of them. Both boys are just so sweet and loving with Jacob, it is completely natural to them.

No comments: