Search This Blog

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Where can I find a good lunchbox?


You know, I've been looking for a lunchbox for Leanna. I don't get out much (Unless you count doctor/dentist/vision appointments) (which I don't) so it's not like I've been looking in store after store......but I was highly dissapointed with what's out there. I looked in Walmart, Kmart, Grocery stores, and didn't see much.
1. Many of them just look cheap
2. NONE come with a thermos
3. They're pretty frikkin expensive for a little box that doesn't come with a thermos or containers or anything.
When I was a kid I remember all the stores having lunchboxes on display and they usually came with a matching thermos. Maybe I was just looking too late and they sold out of most of them? Or maybe they don't sell as many because most people buy lunch? I don't know. Now you have to buy the thermos separate and they all seem to run around $15 for just a thermos! Lunchboxes themselves are usually $10, often $15. I was looking online last night and having trouble finding a thermos that was designed for a kid and to handle both hot and cold drink/food. Some were only made for drinks. I want one designed for a kid because they're usually smaller so they fit in the lunchbox or at least in her bookbag.
I'm really feeling nostalgic for my old Holly Hobbie thermos with it's cute little cup lid and spout. They don't make them like they used to!

3 comments:

Laura said...

lunchboxes.com has some cute lunch boxes. And some of them even have a thermos!

Sue said...

Steph, I have a my purple lunchbox that I use to use when I was going for my GED. It is canvas and zippers. It came with a little ice pack that velcros in a pouch. I don't think most lunchboxes come with thermos anymore, cuz parents use the juice boxes. But I can look for a thermos for you if you like.

I called tonight but Tom was on the house phone. I told him to have you call me if you were still up. So, if you want this lunchbox it is yours.

Michele said...

Well, there's always a bento box....