Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Jacob's 2 month checkup



Jacob had his 2 month old checkup today. He's 23 1/2 inches long, which is a little taller than the average height. And he's 14 pounds, 5.8 oz, which is in the 95th percentile!

He got 5 shots today and one rotavirus "shot" which isn't a shot they give a dose orally. This is new, he's the first one who has had this. They told me to make sure to wash my hands after I change his diaper tonight because they give him a live virus. Wow. I can tell he's not himself tonight. I hate shots.

I think it will be interesting to see when Jacob starts solids, if it's sooner than his siblings since he's so much bigger. (I don't start them on food at a specific time like 4 or 6 months which is what they recommend. I wait until I see definite signs that they are physically ready and interested) The other three all started sometime during their 7th month, although with Leanna I felt pressured, I actually think she would have been fine with breastmilk alone until closer to a year. Leanna was my second biggest baby(smallest at birth, but she gained weight quickly), so size may not be the only factor for when they start solids.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Egads! Get that boy a football stat! I bet it's the Pengelly genes- Finally we win!!!