Search This Blog

Friday, December 29, 2006

This week

I haven't posted lately because of Christmas and it's aftermath. I'm still trying to unbury our living room here. And pregnancy contributes-it mainly just exhausts me, I can't get enough sleep. I think partly, during the holidays I was still going on an adreneline rush. Then after everything's done, you just sort of crash. It leaves you more exhausted, even though you're no longer running around or wrapping gifts and shopping, etc. etc. When I wasn't feeling too nautious to do anything this week, I was opening packages so I could throw out all the cardboard and twisty ties and tape! kids toys today come packaged as though they were precious jewels-they are glued, taped, and twisty-tied into the box. It takes forever to get the toy out of the box!! Boy did we throw out a lot of garbage last night. And yesterday I finally started taking some of it up to our rooms. Then I had to get caught up on dishes from not really being home for three days in a row. Then there's the new Christmas stuff that has to be washed or laundered! I feel like I'll never escape the pile of work I'm buried under!!
Tom's spent all week watching his favorite Christmas present, an Abbott and Costello dvd, his present to himself. He actually had it gift-wrapped and put it under the tree!

1 comment:

Sue said...

I think with this pregnacy you will be more exhausted than the other, because of chasing around three children and walking Leanna to school, etc...

No offense to you and Tom, but I think you should start thinking about using some kind of birth control after this baby is born.

I talked to a medical person and he said sometimes breast feeding makes you very fertile even if you don't get your period, because of all the hormones you are producing.

Chuck and I have a friend her name is Lori, she didn't know she was pregnant at all until her mom said something to her, that she looked pregnant. She got her period once or twice a year, all of her life. She went to the Dr. and sure enough he put her in the hospital right away because she had proclampcia. They induced her and she had born a little boy a few hours later. No check-ups at all during her pregnancy, can you imagine. I ran into her mom at Walmart and she told me the story. WOW! AMAZING! So it can happen without getting your period regularly.