Search This Blog

Friday, December 01, 2006

Nice to hear

Yesterday at the grocery store an elderly lady stopped me to admire the kids. "They're all so cute, all of them!" she said. "Are they all yours?" Then she told me that she had 6 brothers and 3 sisters and they all had such fun together. She said she had a friend who was an only child who used to love to come to thier house and play because she wished she had siblings. The lady said it was always such fun because you always had playmates around. She said again that all three of them were cute and then added before leaving, "You won't have money, but what you do have will make up for it!"

That was a nice change of pace to hear that, and I was glad she shared that with me. (I do get a little tired of always hearing, boy, you have your hands full!) That was sweet of her.

No comments: