Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2006

Helping others

This afternoon we took advantage of the nice weather and walked downtown to find gifts to donate in the toys for tots bin at the bank. That's a traddition I started last year and hope to continue. I really want the kids to understand that it's important to help others. We don't have a lot of money, but there's always someone who is worse off than you. I think it is our duty to help others in any way you can. I explained to Leanna again about how some kids don't have toys or homes and their parents don't have money and Santa may not know how to get to them. So we help give them presents to give them a merry christmas too. I asked her to explain it to me today, to see if she did remember what I said. And she did understand. She picked a princess glove, purse, ring thing as a girl toy and a mr. Potato head as a boy toy. And then she put them in the toy bin herself. She did very well, only asking to buy something for herself once.

No comments: