Search This Blog

Monday, December 11, 2006

Nurse Leanna


The best part of this past weekend happened because I wasn't feeling well. I was just sitting on the couch feeling miserable. Out of nowhere, Leanna brought me a cup of water and asked me what she could make me to eat to help me feel better. She brushed my hair back and kissed me and hugged me. She was just a little mommy. She went and got cheerios for me (not that I wanted them, but it was a nice gesture). I finally went and made myself some soup, and after that I went up to go to bed. Leanna came upstairs and rubbed my back and even my head! Then as I was falling asleep she went and made me more food. I don't know why, I was in bed already, but she came upstairs with a little bowl of: apple jacks, trail mix, bread, wheaties, and cheerios. Yum. She encouraged me to eat it the next day too. I think she was really rather proud of the food she made me.


It was nice, not just because someone was trying to take care of me or because someone cared that I felt bad; but because I felt like some things I try to teach her must be getting through! There are times when all she does is fight with her brothers and whine and get in trouble. I tell her the same things over and over. I wonder why I bother. Then finally something like this comes up and I think, well maybe I'm not doing quite as bad a job as I thought.

No comments: