Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

A nice night

Many thanks to my Mom, for taking me out to sears tonight. I managed to get out without a single kid! That doesn't happen too often. I got gifts for two people that I had no idea what I was going to get them-one of whom reads this blog so I cannot say who ( or what). I am now almost done with Christmas shopping. And thanks to the wonderful people at Borders, I have 2 gifts wrapped already. Yes, that's correct, I have only 2 gifts wrapped at this late date!

Leanna's school had a thing where you could bring your kid in to shop for cheap Christmas presents for everyone. So for about $20 she found Christmas presents for 11 people. That's not too bad. She really enjoyed it. And since we came near the end they gave her a beanie baby(or barbie doll) sleeping bag for free. I think she enjoyed being out alone with me as much as she did picking out presents for people so it was well worth the money!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wait til one of your kids gets old enough to do the wrapping for you. Alyssa has wrapped all my gifts thus far (except hers, of course...LOL!) because she has wanted to. I certainly didn't want to disappoint her by telling her that I would rather do it!

Anonymous said...

Our school also have Christmas shopping for the kids, but they have it when school's in session. My boys used to love shopping for their grandparents, parents, but not their siblings, lol. I guess that is normal. They were able to get nice things for a small amount of money and they even gift wrapped it for you too. I used to help out at the Santa Workshop, which it is called at our school. When my kids would come and shop, I would go somewhere else, so I didn't know what they were buying for me.

It is amazing as I think about the past and Christmas with the kids, how they believed in the spirit of Christmas (Santa Claus) when they shopped for others. I had them believing in Santa a long time. It is sad when a child doesn't believe in Santa anymore. When I talked to one of the kids I cross the other day she said she doesn't believe in Santa. I said WHAT! I still believe in Santa and I'm a grow-up. I said to her do you believe in JESUS. She said yes. I said to her did you ever see JESUS. She said no. I said how do you know there is really a JESUS. She thought about it and said you're right. I said SANTA lives in your heart and so does JESUS and that makes it special to a child.

sajmom said...

The kids could shop in school (without a parent) if you sent in money and filled out a form. But they also had last night from 3-6 where the parent and child could shop together. I chose that because it was a way to spend time alone with her and because she's still pretty young to pick things with a stranger's help. She'd pick stuff out ok, but it's nice to have me there to remind her that this person really likes a particular thing (which a stranger wouldn't know.) Some choices she made were a little odd, but if she seemed sure the person would like it I let it go. I just looked away when she picked something for me. It was fun to see her have fun.

sajmom said...

I never thought of that! Michele, you are so lucky!!