Search This Blog

Monday, September 18, 2006

Visiting Nanny J.


We paid a birthday visit to Nanny J. our first trip there in quite a while. I was so happy that Leanna gave her hugs this time, and eventually Justin too. That used to bother her so much that the kids were afraid of her. Frankly, I think it is the home as much as it is the fact that they rarely see her. I can really see how that would be a scary place for a kid. Heck, it's a scary place for me! Lucky for us, I don't think she's aware of how long it's been since we visited. She actually spent about as much time talking to some of the other ladies there as she did with us. That's a first for our visits. Usually she seems thrilled the whole time. But she couldn't get around what was going on there. She wanted to help the people in the office and kept talking directions with the lady next to her. Though they were talking about different towns. Neither one had a clue though, so it was ok. Alzheimer's is a horrible horrible disease. I really hope they find a cure for it before I get old enough to have it.

No comments: