Search This Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Something nice

It was quite a relief today to discover that we had made an extra deposit in the bank this month! Tom forgot to tell me about some money he deposited and I thought we were coming up very short for the month. With his line of work you don't always know when the money will be coming in or even how much it will be. If he had a steady job where his paycheck was always the same something like that wouldn't happen. But when he cashed a check he deposited money and forgot to tell me- and it was after the statement period so it didn't show up there either. So I was all worried about where the money was coming from. Then today he actually had a day off and with him home I had the time to call the bank's hotline and figure out what was actually in the bank (making sure all the checks had been cashed and debits taken out) . So that's how I found out there was an extra deposit that didn't show on our statement. What a tremendous load off my mind!

Once in my late teens/early twenties I found some money I had put away to save and forgotten all about. Eighty dollars was a really nice find, especially back then! See,it really is true-neat and organized people never make the exciting discoveries that I do!

No comments: