Search This Blog

Saturday, September 02, 2006

just looking.......

We were pricing dishwashers (cause ours is dying) and also kitchen stuff. Not buying, just pricing. Tom really wants to re-do the kitchen after we buy the house. Now this is pure daydreaming at this point because who knows when we might have the money to do a remodel, but that is his dream. He would love to buy homes, improve them and then re-sell. Also he doesn't like where we live, but this is probably our only opportunity to buy a home with our current situation. It's interesting to look at stuff like that with him because I know NOTHING about it. I tend to say, ok, what's cheapest that I can live with. And then he points out that sometimes it pays to choose something a little nicer for resale value of the house. Which I hadn't even thought about. He actually gets to be pretty creative in his work. So we were looking at stuff and finding something that both of us liked. Our styles don't 100% mesh, he's spent years looking at house and fixing them up and he has a better idea of what you can do to make things look nice. In that way he's kind of more girly than I am. I never considered anything other than college type decor until a few years ago. My apartments were just places to crash when I wasn't working or out doing stuff. I didn'tspend a lot of time there. So from talking to Tom and watching some of those HGTV shows, I realized that you can really get creative with what you do to make a home appealing. Not that that is surprising, I just never bothered to think about it before. I do find it a bit amusing though that Tom cares way more about that stuff than I do. : )

No comments: