Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Homework



Today Leanna brought home her first homework paper. (also a thing about school pictures. Already!) So we sat down together at the table and worked on it. I just can't believe I have a child in school. Sometimes she seems so grown up, already. Yesterday she got upset when there was nothing in her bookbag to take home. She had noticed that I liked to see what she brings home and was looking forward to showing her papers and drawings to me.

Now she's counting into the 40s and she comes home singing songs about the days of the week and such. There's one little boy who's been saying bye and hi to Leanna after/before school. She's been busy talking when he says it and when I point out to her that he said hi she refuses to say it back. This morning he said hi and she told me that inside the building they were in line and he told her that if she wouldn't say hi to him he was going to crush her whole body! I also know that Leanna WILL NOT sit next to anyone who would grab a book out of her hand! Oh yes, there's just a hotbed of kindergarten gossip waiting inside my little girl. If you ask her directly about school you may not get much of an answer. However, late at night when she's supposed to be going to sleep, she will go on and on about all sorts of things at school. : )

No comments: