Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

School notes


Thus far, Leanna thinks that school is great. And it's really consenative(her words, not mine. I don't know what she means either), and fun. She says to write that she loves school and thinks it's really great. Monday morning she was a little scared to go in after having the weekend off. She had me kiss both hands instead of just one and kept coming back to kiss and hug me goodbye. I kiss her hand everyday before she goes in so that if she misses me she can look at her hand and see the kiss there and remember that it won't be long til she sees me again. I'm sure she doesn't think of me at all, but it comforts her before going in.

She will have homework every Wednesday. I got excited to see that they will send Scholastic book forms home with them every so often. Dorky, but true, that excites me.

It's really cute to see other kids wave at Leanna when we're walking to or from school. Usually the first thing she reports to me when I pick her up is whether or not anyone got in trouble. So far, it's not been her. She's constantly practicing letters at home now-writting them, finding them in places, and talking about the sounds they make. She likes wearing dresses to school. And headbands. Last night she fell asleep in my arms, and when I went to take her upstairs she asked me, half asleep, to pick up her nametag from the floor, it fell there. Except that it didn't, she must have been dreaming about school. Isn't that cute?

2 comments:

Michele said...

Enjoy all that while you can. At some point soon, you may be arguing about her choice of clothing and fighting with her to get her homework done! Been there, done that....

And I have rational, good kids (for the most part...right, Jamie??!!?)

Jamie said...

michele, you have awsome kids! i think about how i was at say, alyssa's age, and i'm like, man, michele, you're LUCKY!

i hope jonathan grows up to even be like, dare i say, adam?!?!?!?!