Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Peace

It's a rare quiet moment in my house.......not silent, mind you-but quiet. Leanna is sitting on the floor, happily playing with a telephone. Justin is roaming the downstairs, stuffing crackers in a box and then dropping both(over and over). And Timothy slumbers curled up in my lap-so long as he's here in the sling he'll stay sleeping. It's a dreary day, but it's actually making me feel cozy in my house, not depressed. Hmmm.......maybe I should make a list of my blessings while I'm feeling content. That's one of those things I mean to do at Thanksgiving, but never get around to doing. I'm trying not too feel to guilty over the state of the house today. Usually that is a full time job-I stress about trying to get the younger two to nap at the same time so I have free time to clean or wash dishes or do laundry(pay bills, whatever). Or I try to do it while holding one and putting another one off. It just doesn't work very well. Usually if I get one thing done it's at the expense of something else. For example, I'll do the dishes, but while I'm doing them Leanna and Justin will be dumping toy boxes in the living room. But today I got a new book in the mail(a gift from my husband's labors 2 doors down) and I just sat reading it while holding Timothy. Very relaxing. Off and on I had Justin next to me-it was very cute; I gave him a baby doll to hold and we put a blanket over it. Just like the baby in my lap. It distracted him from the fact that he wasn't sitting in my lap.
Nothing at all like yesterday when Leanna was sitting on Justin's head!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steph I am really enjoying reading what you write and...... I actually look forward to being able to read something new. You really do have a gift for putting words on a piece of paper--or in this case on a blank screen. I think it's really good for you especially on days when they try your patience to the limit. It makes you think of the positive side, and we can all see the humor in your situation. Love, mom

Jamie said...

steph have you every noticed that justin does things compulsively? let me explain...

jonathan often times will do the same things in the same order, over, and over again...it cracks me up!! for example, move one coaster to one end table and then move a coaster from that end table to the origional table and each time in between, having a swig of juice! and mind you this will be repeated 5 or 6 times! LOL

so when you mentioned how justin was stuffing crackers in a box and then dropping them both "over and over" it made me chuckle!! jonathan is not alone in his compulsiveness...

maybe it's a boy thing???

sajmom said...

That's interesting. I don't think Justin is that methodical. But then he plays with Leanna all day and she's quite wild. That has to affect you! Let's see, what is predictable about Justin's play is that-- he will climb things; he will put disgusting things in his mouth; he will fall repeatedly; he will end up with mutiple bruises; oh yes, and he will make a big mess! Apparently that is a gentic trait in my kids! Generally speaking, Justin does not do the same particular activity over and over. Then again, at the time I observed him stuffing the crackers he was playing alone. He spends more time playing with Leanna than playing alone. Maybe he would be more compulsive if she wasn't around? I like that swig of juice part though! That's funny.