Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Beauty in the eyes of children

This is a comment from my word-a-day list:
From: Sharon Smith (mainelyneuropsychATprexar.com)
Subject: Re: A.Word.A.Day--dendrochronology
When one of my children was about three years old, she looked up at me so sweetly as I was tucking her into bed. Clearly searching her small lexicon to come up with just the right words to show how much she loved me, she said: "Mommy, your wrinkles are just like ocean waves!" If I looked like that in 1982, you can only imagine what I must look like now!

Nice imagination for a three year old! I think the nicest (physical) compliment ever given to me by Leanna would be either when she thought Monica and Rachel on Friends were me and her Daddy's cousin Jessica(she didn't specify which one was which); or when she thought an actress named Constance Marie(I think), playing the mother in the movie Selena was me. I don't really look like any of them, but as they're all considered beautiful women I'm certainly not going to object to the comparison!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.