Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2005

Christmas stuff

I ordered pictures of Timothy tonight-expensive! I only ordered 2 pictures for each grandparent. I figured if they want others we'll just scan ours and print a copy out. And I won't feel guilty because the photographer will be making a bundle off us anyway.
I decorated our front window today-that's one small step. I think in a week we'll get our tree and then I get to do the rest of the downstairs! Houses are popping up all over the place with lights on-it's so pretty! I love that! It's so much more fun when you are seeing it all over again through the eyes of your children, it brings new excitement to everything. All this stuff we do will be the stuff of memories for them. I'm trying to make these memories as happy as possible. That's why I try so hard to establish our own tradditions. Rituals and tradditions are what you remember and they're what frame a child's life. That's why every year it's not just Thanksgiving and Christmas days that are important-it's Black Friday family shopping and cookie making and looking at lights and decorating the tree.......these are family rituals. And they're fun!

No comments: