Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Last night

My daughter is so frustrating. I really wonder how I managed to get a kid like her. Sure, her eyes and her body language and her rampant silliness all come from my side of the family. But then she's this little social butterfly-loud, bossy and amazingly stubborn. Ok, fine. Some of the stubborness could come from me. But she is at least 2x as stubborn as I am! That's impressive.
Last night she was sent to the corner. Multiple times. The final corner session was cut short, however, because she took it upon herself to leave the corner and have a crafting party with the tissues. Then she brought her little present over to her Mommy(who was busy watching a movie) and wisely suggested her little gifts were made just for me! See, her disobeying me was for a good cause. She was only thinking of me. She twisted the tissues into the shape of a teapot, an angel, and a snake. So she says, anyway. They all looked pretty much the same to me.
So then I had the difficult task of explaining, with a straight face, why we do not leave the corner, without permission, to make little tissue gifts. First I had to quiet her long enough to explain why this was wrong. And then stop her from interrupting me because let me tell you, this little girl always has something to say! She will always offer an explanation for how her punishment can end or why she should not be punished at all ("But Mommy, can I get out of the corner now? I have a plan for how I can behave!"). Stupid, she is not! Highly amusing, yes.
Anyway, my little lecture was ruined because Laura could not keep a straight face. I burst out laughing, my Mom burst out laughing, Laura burst out laughing, and so did Leanna, who didn't even know what was so funny.

No comments: