Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

A weekend gym class
























Yesterday after we picked Leanna up from the sleepover, we stopped at the playground. We had the place to ourselves, which is how I like it! It's much easier to keep an eye on four kids when they are the only ones there! It was warm, but really windy! When I put Jacob in a baby swing and pushed him, he just leaned backwards with his eyes closed, clearly loving it! That's brave, to lean backwards in the wind-you'd feel like you were falling. But the little free spirit LOVED it! It made me laugh just to see it. The fall colors on the trees were just beautiful. I love fall in PA. Unfortunately my camera batteries were almost dead, so I could only take so many pictures, and I had to do it quickly before the camera shut off!

2 comments:

Jamie said...

just asking (aka...this is not a loaded question!!!) isn't it nice to have all of them self sufficient on the park toys? i'm thinking of josslyn who is just able to sit and watch at this point!

sajmom said...

I'm not sure why that would be a loaded question?? But it's nice in a way....harder in a way. Harder because when Jacob was too little to notice or care then I had only three to keep track of. Now it's four, two of whom I cannot trust to stay put, and three of whom occasionally try to do things that the human body was probably not meant to do! That's why it was so nice to be alone there, I could see at a glance if anyone started to wander away. But it's fun to see Jacob playing and enjoying himself there. And it's nice because it reminds me that one day there will come a time when I don't have to be so vigilant with them, when I'll be able to take them to a park and sit and read or something.....or eventually just let them go themselves!