Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Good Ideas


Two ways to remember which way the letter should face.



I'll be teaching this to Leanna! I love how easy it is today to find answers to problems on the internet. I was searching for place value teaching ideas, and one thing lead to another and another and another.......and I found this on a blog as well!

It is common for most children to mix up their letters when learning to write. Through repetitive writing, this backwards problem usually fades away naturally. However, this is not the case for everyone. To remedy this problem give them a mnemonic trick or tool to remember the correct way to write a letter or number.

To help remember the correct way to write 9s &Ps....just think of 9 Pigs! After putting fingers into the "bed" position just flip them around so they are now facing towards you.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

i mixed up b and d until high school!! i expect to pass that on to my kids so thanks for the tip!