Search This Blog

Monday, October 26, 2009

Wahoo!!!!

I interviewed at the Baum today and we g0t a full scholarship! It was easier than I thought and she even complimented my letter and me! She'll begin a homeschool art class in January, free of charge! That is wonderful! I'm excited for several reasons: it's free, she gets an intro to art with materials I can't afford to provide her with, she'll be around other local homeschoolers, she'll be around other creative people, she'll get another experience on her own, away from her brothers for two hours at a time! I hope we can inspire of a love of art and creativity in her!

I needed something to go right for a change! I hope this becomes a trend!

5 comments:

Sue said...

Steph, that's wonderful! Now if we can get you to go back to school to finish your degree in English or whatever field you want to enter in. Then you guys will be set for life. That would be neat for you to get your education done while you are educating your kids. Plus, if will show them that we aren't to old to keep learning; like I did when I got my GED at 48. My weighloss gave me that extra boost I needed to help my confidence. Now, I can handle the world, well almost the world.

sajmom said...

Well, it's not quite that simple. School costs money, lots of it. And I still owe almost the same amount on my student loans from earning the BA that I did nine years ago, thanks to interest accruing during periods of forbearance.
You don't have to go to school to learn though, I am learning new things alongside the kids, just through homeschooling. Regardless of whether I ever go back to school or not, I will hopefully never be done learning!

Jamie said...

thats great steph and sounds like lots of fun! i wasn't sure what that would mean when you mentioned waiting about the approval before. so leanna will go to the school and attend art classes with other kids?

MagicBullet said...

OMG THAT'S GREAT. Congratulations so much.

sajmom said...

It's just one class for two hours, not a whole school program. But each class costs money that we don't have, so I'm very pleased to be awarded this!