Search This Blog

Friday, October 30, 2009

Busy Week

The award she won tonight for most funniest costume. Except that her costume wasn't supposed to be funny.





Rushed to get Leanna's costume done by Thurs. night for the Girl Scout halloween/Juliette Low birthday party. Plus gathering supplies and putting together Justin and Timothy's costumes. Everything that could go wrong did. The stupid tension on my sewing machine kept holding the thread too tight and I'd have to take it out and redo whatever I'd just sewn. The gathering strands broke off so I had to redo that. Jacob kept going after my sewing machine (because of all the lead on the third floor I had to bring the sewing machine down if I wanted to use it) and several times I had to rethread it or fix settings he'd changed on the machine. I must have pinned the yoke on wrong six times in a row! And the kids were all noisy and crabby and constantly needing me today, since I had to finish it. I thought this might never get done. I am likely the entire world's worst sewing machine operator.
Leanna did not want to wear her mermaid costume from last year (since she hadn't worn it at girl scouts I thought she might wear that if I didn't finish hers on time). "It's not that I don't like it. I just think other people might not!"
Right.
Then when she saw her costume she did say it was pretty. Justin kept telling me how nice it was. So she put it on with minutes to spare before she had to be at Brownies. It's a little long and big although it's a 7/8 and she's an 8. That would be fine with clothing underneath for trick or treating. But at an indoor party-not necesary, so it was a little big. The junior girls voted it the funniest costume and no one knew what she was supposed to be. Leanna said she's not wearing it again, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hurt.
Today was generally just a very sucky day.

3 comments:

Sue said...

No pictures of her in her costume. What do they know, it my not be funny to all of us.

I have had days like that. Hope it gets better when a new day starts today.

Michele said...

I think you did a great job with her costume...much better than I would have ever done. I'm not sure what's so FUNNY about it though!

And, no, you are not the worst sewing machine operator in the world....I AM!!

Leanna said...

I wasn't trying to be mean, Mom!! I'm sorry!