Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A new blog

I found a new blog I think I will enjoy. It's called Diary of an Angry Mom. I came across it through a post about breastfeeding and alcohol. (if you haven't heard, there's a case where they charged a woman with breastfeeding while drunk. Didn't test her, just said she appeared to be drunk. By the way, she called the cops because her boyfriend was beating her. So the"drunkenness" they observed could have been from, I don't know......her head injury??!!! Or the fact that her boyfriend had been beating her? The big offense actually seemed to be that she had the nerve to feed the infant in front of them. They have taken her child away as a result of this. The boyfriend however is in NO TROUBLE AT ALL! Mind you, there is no proof she was drunk, and very little alcohol actually gets through, but that is a post for another time). Anyway, the blog is written by is someone who became a parent and realized that there are a lot of nasty things going on in the world. One or two of you might enjoy it as well.
I'll link to a post about the huge swine flu scare. This woman is clearly more informed than most people (that I encounter anyway), but did anyone else besides me think that the whole swine flu thing was greatly eggagerated also? Even without researching it at all, it felt off. I actually did see one woman prancing around with a surgical mask on her face as she shopped at CVS. I think we've just gone drug crazy as a country, maybe a symptom of our obsession with everything happening quickly. Fast food, fast travel, grow up fast, take a pill or twenty to cure everything (headache, cold, pain, illness, whatever) take a vaccine to cure whatever the pills don't. Easier to take a pill or vaccine rather than stop a hurtful behavior or wait out an illness. Don't get me wrong, there are times when pills or vacines are a good thing, I just think we've become obsessed with them as a cure-all.

1 comment:

ADP said...

Ummmm hello? Haven't I been telling you these things all along only to be told time and again that I spoil everything?

Also, have you READ her posts? Once again, these are things I've been talking about for the last few years. I'm really glad someone is talking about them.