Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2009

Blogging the good, bad, and the ugly

A post I really enjoyed on blogging/parenthood from SouleMama. I'd been thinking lately that a lot of the stuff I post about is about the underbelly of parenthood. And part of that is just authentic me. I do tend towards the negative. But I truly do find it cathartic to write about the bad stuff. I guess it's particularly because I'm somewhat isolated that writing about the huge messes and the horrible days is my way of telling someone, of getting it out of my system. Once the confession is out, I can move on. It validates that really I did do things, I did work, I did try. I have great intentions that just often don't work out. The house may look worse than yesterday, but I did clean! Multiple times!! But as the linked post points out, it is useful to look for the good stuff, it tends to put you in a place where you do (or just find) more good stuff. And there is a lot of good stuff. With my negative tendencies I just have to look harder than the average person to find it.

No comments: