Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Doubts and schooling

I think I will soon be starting the formal stuff for homeschooling this fall. Can't quite bring myself to say things definitely yet because I just am not that confident in myself. Several people have expressed doubts about my ability to effectively do it. My views swing to both exremes. I've had an incredibly rough 8 month period that was difficult in abosultely every way. My self esteem has definitely taken a lot of blows. Just to be clear, it's not any doubts about homeschooling, it's doubts about my abilities. In the past I've done my best work under pressure, so I'm hoping this will be one of those situations as well. I am 98% sure I will do it, I'm just running into a fiercly thick wall of doubt and fear right now.

I ran into this quote and feel it's appropriate:

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?""Supposing it didn’t," said Pooh after careful thought. – The House at Pooh Corner, A.A. Milne

2 comments:

Michele said...

Well, I barely know you, but it sure seems to me like you'd do a great job at homeschooling. I'd be lost with math after about 2nd grade! And don't even mention AP calculus or chemistry...ha ha!!

Did you ever connect with my friend involved with homeschooling? I also have a niece-in-law who is doing it with her three kids...she started quite early though...her oldest just turned 5 in February and has been working with him and his 3 year old sister for about a year now. I'm sure she'd be willing to talk to you, if need be.

sajmom said...

Thanks.
Math, calculus, chemistry.....I'm scared just thinking about all of that!!
In some ways I do homeschool them already. It's harder to draw a line because in homeschooling education blurs with life. But I've not done anything formal or with a school feel to it.
Support is always good. I'll talk to anyone willing to talk to me, LOL!