Search This Blog

Friday, September 12, 2008

If I could have melted into the sidewalk, I would have!

Oh I can't wait for the day when I get to embarrass my kids instead of the reverse! Yesterday we had to walk downtown to get Leanna's new perscription (apparently one eye is nearsighted and the other is farsighted so they tried making the lenses to make one eye work harder but it made her eyes hurt and she didn't want to wear the glasses. So her vision deteriorated a bit. We're trying this for a few months and then they'll re-evaluate and see if this perscription is working).
Leanna was in a good mood and was singing and dancing as we walked. Minor embarrassment there as it does make people stare. But then her dancing took an interesting twist as she kind of fell and decided since she was already on the ground that she would practice pushups. They do them in gym class, so why not in the middle of downtown.? A group of people was passing us as this happened. You could just see from the completely shocked and horrified expressions on their faces that they interpreted the completely innocent dance routine pushups as something, um, a bit sexual. Like she'd been watching inappropriate music videos or movies or something. Very embarrassing.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Your kidding! Now, if I saw that I would not think that at all. I would think that looks like a very happy child.

Well, it goes to show us all where people's minds really are.