Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

My masterpieces





The cakes, which were still being finished well into the party. Well, Leanna's was.
Justin's was actually pretty easy. It's lemmon iceing, mms,rainbow twizzlers, chocolate twizzlers in the front, and crushed oreo cookies for the dirt. It came out very close to what I had pictured. And Justin was really excited that he was getting his own special cake, that was the last thing he told me before he fell asleep the night before.
Leanna's was a lot more complicated and I ran out of time. This year was really tough-I lost the day before to prepare because of Mimi's party and I didn't have my Mom or sister helping until Laura came an hour before the party started. (Then she helped a lot). So the green iceing for the vines should have been thinner and darker, and the towers weren't as tall as I wanted to do and the windows weren't as sharp or nice, and originally I would have attached the moat. I guess given the timeframe I had, this was pretty good. It was fun to be creative.

2 comments:

ADP said...

Awwwww that's so neat that Justin loved his own cake so much. BTW, the cakes were ambititious but you pulled it off.

Jamie said...

cool cakes steph! they look like fun to make!